CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Adventures 080308/sa

Okay, here’s how our weekend started. After a long "brief" trip to market, we took off to explore some castles. Now, normally a great navigator, I put my trust in my buddy, Tom. Remember, I already told you that he wouldn’t steer me wrong? Well, it does require that I input the appropriate destination. I’m sure by now you already see where this is going.

After traveling a great distance and a couple of hours, we were still miles (and hours) from our destination...in fact, still miles and hours from ANY of our potential destinations. We began seeing signs like to Dusseldorf, Bonn, and Koln; the license plates were all black and white rather than yellow and black of the Netherlands; and we couldn't read any of the few traffic signs we are beginning to understand! It didn’t take but a moment to realize that we were in Germany rather than the Netherlands. Okay, so we were a little lost.

About that time, I began to notice that though I was driving the Netherland prescribed speed of 120 kph on the highways, everyone was passing me like I was standing still...this was different than my previous post where I talked about people nudging the speed limit...these folks were seriously breaking the law!!! Rick finally realized where we were and said well you said you wanted to drive on the Autobahn and now you’re doing it. Whew! This was my chance...my opportunity...I had to push it just a little--after all it was legal. I finally got up to 140 kph (okay, Hank, I am a wimp). Of course, Hank was wanting me to top the car out--whatever that means. It was an experience and I got to mark one thing off my personal "bucket list."

After being caught in a German traffic jam (pictures included in the "Germany" photo album) we crossed the Rhein River. Of course, I had to stop and get some pictures if that! After all, this Fräulein never imagined getting to see it herself!

Don't forget to check out our picture albums. The pictures of Germany are all from the car and not spectacular at all. I'll update them as soon as we go back to Germany--hopefully this time on purpose. I love the pictures of the Rhein River and Autobahn. What an amazing day!

1 comments:

Vicki said...

Love the pictures!!!!! Way to go girl!!