CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Photography

I'm currently weeding out the obviously bad pictures...blurs and those that ended up being pictures of nothing. As you look at our pictures, keep in mind that both Rick and I are snapping shots as quickly as we can. It is interesting how sometimes we see things the same and sometimes we see them so differently. We also notice different things.

For instance, when Krista and I went to Rome she was always photographing doors...especially big doors...doors and knockers are her thing. Every time she would snap a picture of a door, I would remember the scripture, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20

Rick, on the other hand has a thing for steps. This has become quite a joke between us as I think he has climbed every step in Europe that we've seen. When in London, he climbed to the top of St. Paul's and he's climbed to the top (even frequently paying for the priviledge) of every cathedral or monument we've seen. Most of the time I trek along...at least for the first 300 or so steps. After that, I usually leave the apex to him.

I like photographing bridges and flowers and finding things that make good desktop and slideshow backgrounds. So keep an eye out for these things. I think we even snapped a few shots of doors for Krista.

In the meantime, please enjoy looking at the portraits that we had taken on the cruise on formal night.

0 comments: