CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dirt

As I sit here weeding through the thousands of pictures we took on our cruise, I’m asking myself, exactly how many pictures of a particular rock does one person need? I’ve got a view from the east, the west, the north, the south, from up high, from underneath when able, a close up, a distant shot, one somewhere in between, and one with either a plant or person for perspective. I’ve also taken into account those which have the light source from different angles. Other than that, do you think I’m safe deleting the duplicates or should I run out and pick up another zip drive and just keep them all?

I’m beginning to understand Hank’s diatribe about how it is all just dirt and I just keep photographing different forms of dirt. This leads me to ask an important question...exactly how important is dirt? If dirt isn’t important then neither are all these pictures.

As we were boarding the plane in Venice on our way home, I asked Hank to move out of the window seat and let Rick sit there. He asked why and I told him I wanted Rick to take some photos of the Alps as we flew over. Hank said, "Haven’t you guys already been to the Alps and taken photos?" To which I replied, "Yes, but not from this angle." Rick advised Hank to give up because he couldn’t win.

Okay, back to the pictures.

0 comments: